First of all, believe me when I say how much fulfillment that you have given me in this class. Honestly, I learn as much from you as you have hopefully learned from me, and I want to thank each of you. It's been terrific getting to know you.
If you need any help from me in the course of your careers or your studies, please feel free to ask, and I will try my best to help you get to wherever you want to go, and to do whatever it is you want to do.
Internet Journalism 35
Due either in a Web URL (preferred but not mandatory) or in email.
Deadline, 7 p.m. Tuesday Dec. 21.
- Describe what "Being Digital" is in modern communications. Please do not limit this answer to the obvious ("There sure are a lot of computers around these days"). Examine what "being digital" means in terms of the way we communicate. Include how we as consumers of news are changing habits to accommodate Internet Journalism and please list and discuss examples.
- What are the tools we use that make Web storytelling distinct from every other kind of journalism?
- What do we mean by "Interface?" Why is this important? In you answer, please support your arguments by examples.
- We have learned that the "Internet News Experience" involves an associative action alongside -- and sometimes within -- the journalism itself. What kind of actions? Please give examples from news sites on the Web.
- What is "convergence" as defined by the Internet Journalism experience? Why is good convergence such an elusive phantom? Please give examples.